TECHNOMIC, a Winsight Company
Technomic is a leading research and consulting firm serving the food and associated industries from our downtown Chicago headquarters. We are currently seeking an ambitious, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Senior Developer.
This position is responsible for the development and enhancements of business applications, including all aspects of the .Net application for Ignite, Technomic’s online research platform.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and support applications using technologies such as .NET (C#), Azure, SQL Server
- Responsible for understanding and implementing application enhancements
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and support, including application code updates, system monitoring, and system health checks
- Responsible for support and updates to Azure Search, Storage, CDN, Machine Learning
- Responsible for supporting data load and updates
The ideal candidate will have a broad base of experience with 7+ years of experience developing applications. The candidate should have a development background, including working as a developer (7+ years). The candidate should also have experience maintaining operational systems. The ideal candidate would be able to read and update application code in addition to handling some database administration if necessary.
Technomic is an EOE.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Multi-tier applications (7+ years)
- .NET / C# Experience (5+ years)
- Able to work and engage in software development responsibilities autonomously
Ideal, but not required:
- Systems integration experience
- Front-end styling frameworks: Sass/Less; Bootstrap
- Web Services / Web API / WCF Development
- MVC/MVP/MVVM/MVW patterns and frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET MVC, Prism, AngularJs)
- TSQL / SQL Server
- IoC / DI containers
- Integration with Azure products and services (e.g. Search, Storage, CDN, Machine Learning, Resource Management)
- Integration with MS Office (e.g. Syncfusion, ASPOSE, similar products)
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience building or maintaining build processes or scripts
- Agile software development methodologies
- Unit, Integration, and Load-testing applications
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence software (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)