Senior-level professional to develop and oversee client engagements in the foodservice and related industries. Will also serve as a senior representative of the firm at key industry events and presentations and will build and maintain a strong stable of client relationships. Will manage a variety of research and consulting assignments, but will serve as the subject matter expert on foodservice industry manufacturer-distributor trade issues including category management, trade spending, channel economics, trend monitoring, and related engagements.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties of a Senior Principal in Technomic’s Advisory Group are multi-faceted, requiring a seasoned professional well-accustomed to building strong relationships and overseeing research and consultative/advisory projects. This position draws on knowledge in multiple competencies; principals are viewed as thought-leaders both within the organization and among the broader industry. As such, food industry experience will be a strong differentiator for otherwise qualified candidates.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead all steps of client research and consulting engagements from proposal development, scope outlining, methodology crafting, report and implications development, recommendations creation, and client presenting.
- Collaborate with and manage Research & Insights staff on individual engagements to ensure that objectives, methodology, and assignment scope are addressed, and project output meets/exceeds client expectations
- Act as “last line of defense” for all work product managed.
- Establish budget on engagements, and manage project P&Ls.
- Lead strategic “work sessions” and presentations with clients as part of discussing study findings, implications and recommendations.
- Must be able to manage multiple types of projects concurrently, including those that are not within candidate’s area of expertise.
- Establish fluency in all aspects of Technomic’s business model to be able to bring multiple research and consulting solutions to Technomic’s client base.
- Create high level relationships with senior staff at clientele
- Develop strategic relationships with business development staff, other principals, and independently to meet/exceed predetermined goals.
- Create innovative business building initiatives around new multi-client products, topics, and services that are marketable and add to company growth.
- Collaborate with other Winsight businesses to identify other growth opportunities for Technomic and Winsight as a whole.
- Develop own “book of business” relative to capabilities and expertise
Subject Matter Expertise
- Technomic Principals must have a strong command of foodservice industry issues, including fluency with operator, distributor, manufacturer and other issues.
- Specifically, this role requires expertise and a contact base in the area of the foodservice industry supply chain particularly as it relates to the manufacturer to distributor to operator flow, including category management, trade spending, and channel economics.
- Expertise is a critical component of the Senior Principal position.
- Willingness and ability to establish or further develop specific subject matter expertise in areas of interest and/or opportunity.
- Serve as a Technomic “expert” during industry presentations, trade/general press interviews, or as other opportunities arise.
Technomic Company Initiatives
- Participate in Technomic and Advisory Group strategic planning, new business initiative, and other company-related programs.
- Act in concert with other areas of the Winsight business to create corporate synergies and success in growing the broader Winsight portfolio of businesses.
Bachelor of Science from an accredited 4-year university. MBA or Masters strongly preferred but not an absolute requirement.
Must have supply chain, marketing, product, brand, customer, trade relations or general management experience with a food or foodservice manufacturer or distributor organization at a senior level with P&L responsibility. Additional experience as a research and/or consulting practitioner with a firm engaged in aforementioned assignments for outside companies and organizations a plus.
Minimum of 18-20 years experience in the areas described above is required.
Technomic is an EOE.