The Research Intern will work within Technomic’s Research & Insights division, supporting both proprietary studies and syndicated research programs. The individual will coordinate research requests, conduct secondary research and information gathering, participate in both qualitative and quantitative research, and create written deliverables based on research findings.
- Conducts secondary research/internet searches on given industry topics
- Uses Technomic’s proprietary business intelligence tools to pull information
- Pulls industry information and industry contacts for use by analysts and project managers
- Conducts interviews with foodservice industry professionals to gather data and trend information
- Tests consumer and operator surveys for quality, routing, timing and ease of use
- Codes open-end responses from online survey data
- Assists R&I team members with data entry from field-research
- Summarizes information gathered through research
- Adheres to timelines created by project managers
- Communicates with the group manager on an ongoing basis regarding workflow, timelines and schedule conflicts
- Required: To be considered for the position, please complete the survey by clicking on the link below:
Only Technomic delivers a 360 view of the food industry. We drive growth and profitability for our clients by providing the most reliable, consumer-grounded, channel-relevant data, with forward-looking, strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic is an EOE.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements
- Able to communicate in a professional manner (both written and verbal)
- Exhibits professionalism and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, psychology, sociology, hospitality management or other business or social science fields
- Culinary background or knowledge of foodservice or restaurant industry a plus
- Experience with social listening data and tools also a plus